Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I was just reading a question that you answered and I have a

Customer Question

I was just reading a question that you answered and I have a question similar. Just received sheriff's notice to vacate. San Bernardino county. We hired someone to help with eviction process. Scammed out of $150 for motion paperwork. Motion was filed and later we received a letter prior to our court date saying the motion was filed in error and the judgement was granted against us. We don't know what to do. We have 2 small children in the apartment and no where to go. We just need more time we are struggling on welfare and ssi low income family.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Steven K. replied 9 months ago.

Have you contacted the legal aid office in your area for free assistance? They may be able to help you with a Motion to Set Aside the Judgment and to Stay Execution of the Writ. However, you would have to get your emergency hearing done before you are actually removed from the property.

It is not a form, so I cannot give you a sample of this motion. It must be executed by a lawyer.

As far as I can see, your only other option is to work on finding a new place to live, even temporarily until you figure something out on a more permanent basis.