Good afternoon Stephen,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been an attorney for more than 30 years and I handle landlord tenant law.
This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.
Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. Do you rent from the apartment complex or possibly from an owner of the apartment that resides elsewhere?
2. Are the amenities that have been lost set out as part of your apartment in the rental agreement?
3. How quickly to vacant apartments rent in your complex?
4. When does your lease end?
5. What services and amenities are no longer available?
6. What about the complex is being neglected?
Thanks in advance,