Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I received a summons and complaint support of my two sons.

Customer Question

I received a summons and complaint for child support of my two sons. Received from my mother whom we currently live with. I need to know how long and how I should dispute.
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. I just opened the envelope yesterday.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Family Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: I work two jobs, my youngest (8) goes to his dad's every weekend. My eldest my parents have helped me while I work.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What state is this in, please?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.