Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm over thinking, but I

Customer Question

Hi, I'm sorry if it seems like I'm over thinking, but I have another question. So we deterimined that I should have no problem getting full custody of my daughter due to my husband being unfit. Right now all three of us live with my mother because she needs help due to a car accident. would this be used against me in court if he has his own place and I still live with her? or should I get my own place?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

It is hard to say but I think his violence trumps any negative associated with you living with your mother. You would just let the judge know the reason you live together and make it a positive that she is also a big help to you in caring for the kids.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I might be able to move out by he time court gets here but I don't want to leave if my mother isn't ready for that! If it came down to it though I would move in order to make sure my daughter stays safe

He is going to do whatever he can to look bad. I am not convinced living with your parent who is ailing would work against you and I explained how you might be able to make it a positive.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 12 months ago.

Let me know if you still have some questions. I do not blame you for overthinking but you just need to tell the truth and explain your position.