Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My name is ***** ***** - I am trying to file a restraining

Customer Question

hello my name is ***** ***** - I am trying to file a restraining order against someone - aquaintence - not a family member or someone that I have dated - he keeps threatening me - and now has threatened me with a gun
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: he has attacked me 3 times and now is threatening me with a gun
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me what your specific question is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Guess there is an acquaintance not a family member not someone that I dated who has attacked me three times physically and has since been threatening me with bodily harm and now has threatened me with a gun I did file a police report

Okay. Again, do you have a question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get my money refunded I am not satisfied with the service

I want to assist you, but we're here to answer questions. You've stated what you're trying to do, but have not asked a question. Before I can answer a question I need to know what the question is...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I go about filing a restraining order

Contact the police and say that you want a restraining order. You can also contact the court. We provide much more specific answers (that is, if they said you can't get a restraining order because of X, etc...) that might be a different matter, because then we could give you an answer on how to navigate the legal issues.

I'm going to opt out and send this to customer service for your refund.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you - I think that is best - not satisfied