Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a question about a divorce my father and mother were

Customer Question

I have a question about a divorce my father and mother were married for almost 30 years when my father up and moved to the state of Florida from Massachusetts. He up and quit his job and came home that day and said he was moving to florida and that he didnt want her to come. my mother is disabled, so that left her with no health insurance, and no income. so she was left with house mortgage, a home equity loan, and all the other bills. long story short..she ended up selling house after about 4 yrs. she lost everything. and hes doing great. owns a home, brand new car, both paid in cash(over $100,000). he filed for divorce, and it was finalized almost a yr ago. she couldnt afford an attorney, so a friend helped but she got absolutely nothing..half his retirement and part of his stocks. thats it, and she was basically forced into agreeing. after all that, she hasnt gotten a penny yet because her lawyer cut off contact. and he is needed to do a qdro so $ can be transferred into her account. what are her options?? any advice would be very much appreciated
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Was the divorce filed in Florida or Massachusetts?