Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My roommate and I were summoned to appear in court rent

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Kriselle and my roommate and I were summoned to appear in court for late rent payment.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, we have our initial hearing on Friday but we're trying to get it dismissed since it was paid over a month ago
JA: Please tell me your email address, in case we get disconnected.
Customer:***@******.***
JA: Thanks. Are you ready to speak with the Lawyer now?
Customer: Is it free?
JA: The Lawyer's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: Oh.. okay, I think I'll pass. Thanks though
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?