This is a divorce
lawyer, or actuarial account question? Need someone with many years experience?
1) I own seperately (purchased years before marriage
) apartment buildings which generate about $15,000 in income per year. All income and expenses for these apartment alocated to a seperated checking account for each property.
2) Along with all $3,000 of my Social Security, each month $7,000 from my seperate property apartment is transfered to my personal checking. This pays all our expenses, Mrtg and property tax on my seprate property home where we live, utilities, food, gas, car pmt and insurance, etc.
3) In determining spousal support
will the court use the $10,000 specified in item 3 above? Or will they they use my total income $3,000 plus $15,000, even though the community only uses $10,000.
4) We were married on 1/3/13, in CY 2014 I would say$14,000 per year was spent from Community Property
5) We probably wont divorce until 4/1/17 so I will have a 15 month track record spending $10,000 out of Community Property Checking Account. Any thoughts on time lines.