Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Jjhhhhh

Customer Question

jjhhhhh
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
In a divorce case i was tardy in listing a house for sale by a few months ( various reasons) because of this may be a ruling of comtempt from a Feb 17 court date as I didnt entertain showings for the house after it was on a MSL listing as the house was complately ready
over the past week i have done so and actually had a few showings
if I have complied with the order after the feb 17 hearing could I still be held in contempt? if so any idea what a judge can impose if found in contempt? in the mean time I have rectified what the court wants. the next hearing for the comtempt ruling is this thursday in Will county illinoisthank you
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 12 months ago.

It is unlikely that the Court would hold you in contempt if you have now done what you were ordered to do previously. The issue is now moot.