Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Jjhhhhh

Customer Question

jjhhhhh
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
In a divorce case i was tardy in listing a house for sale by a few months ( various reasons) because of this may be a ruling of comtempt from a Feb 17 court date as I didnt entertain showings for the house after it was on a MSL listing as the house was complately ready
over the past week i have done so and actually had a few showings
if I have complied with the order after the feb 17 hearing could I still be held in contempt? if so any idea what a judge can impose if found in contempt? in the mean time I have rectified what the court wants. the next hearing for the comtempt ruling is this thursday in Will county illinoisthank you
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

It is unlikely that the Court would hold you in contempt if you have now done what you were ordered to do previously. The issue is now moot.