Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
19958803

I am married, moved in to my wife's home. She want to put me

Customer Question

I am married, moved in to my wife's home. She want to put me out citing infidelity, which is not true. She wants me out in 5 days. Can she do that?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

She wants me out in 5 days. Can she do that?

.

No, if this is the marital home, she can't evict you, even if the property is in her name solely. The only way she could force you to leave would be by a court order in a divorce action granting her sole physical custody of the home or if she got a restraining order issued through the courts after making the allegation of some type of physical abuse or domestic violence.

.

.

thanks