Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
19958803

Can my husband tell me im not allowed at s dr visits and

Customer Question

can my husband tell me im not allowed at his dr visits and treatments for cancer
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

.

Legally yes, because these are his private health care treatments and as such are confidential between him and his treating doctors unless he chooses to share that information with you. In the same respect, you could prevent him from coming with you to your doctor regarding any treatments or examinations that you might undergo.

.

A person has a right to privacy in their medical treatments and can't be forced to waive that right to confidentiality.

.

.

thanks