P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
11181181

My son is in the marines and married a woman with 2 kids and

Customer Question

my son is in the marines and married a woman with 2 kids and she talked him into adopting them but as soon as it was final she filed for a divorce,can he stop the adoption any way?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Can you tell me, where are they at in the processes? Both the divorce and the adoption?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
THE ADOPTION WAS FINAL IN DECEMBER AND THEY SIGNED THE DIVORCE IN THE MIDDLE OF JAN.

Thanks

If the adoption is final? Then it is too late to turn it back...similar to a divorce, once the decree is issued? That divorce is final.

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I wish I could tell you that he can somehow undo the adoption, but I can only provide you information based on the law so that you can act on the best available information to you...I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.