How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 113509
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had Full Custody of my Son years now. My Son is

Customer Question

I have had Full Custody of my Son for 8 years now. My Son is making straight A's in school now and he has always made straight A's. He has won several awards from the school for his good behavior, treatment of others, responsibility and academics awards. My Son is also an accomplished piano player and athlete.
I am a Speech Language Pathologist and have worked for a Public School System for 20 years. I have also been a Sunday School Teacher for 7 years. I own my own home in a nice neighborhood. We have a good support system with many family members and friends in our lives.
I have worked very hard to be a good Custodial Parent and have worked with my Son's Father. My Son see's his Father for visitation every other weekend, one night a week for 5 hours and we take turns spending time with our Son during holidays.
My Son's Father has always been very hostile toward me.
Now that my Son is 8 years old his Father wants to go back to court to get Custody of him. What are the chances of a Judge giving him custody?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unless the father can show some significant change in circumstances that have changed your custody, the courts will not just change custody because he wants to be vindictive and punish you. So in order for the court to change this custody, the father has to prove that some conditions under your custody have significantly changed and they are no longer in the best interests of your child to remain in your care. You have not said anything above that would give him evidence of that and as such it is highly unlikely the court will change the custody.

Related Family Law Questions