Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My husband is currently incarcerated to appear and failure

Customer Question

My husband is currently incarcerated for failure to appear and failure to comply with Child support. He is awaiting a decision from disability due to recently having heart surgery. He has been jailed for 23 days and goes to court in ten days. Will his 2000$ cash bond be lifted then? I'm not sure what to do to help him. He can't follow up with disability while in jail.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 9 months ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Yes, once he appears for trial his bond should returned, unless they are mandated to deduct from it any fees or more he might owe. So in other words, the courts can take the bond money and apply it to the back child support once it has been determined that he does indeed owe back support.