How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2120
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a civil suit with CPS petitioning me to take

Customer Question

I have a civil suit with CPS petitioning me to take classes... I was charged with domestic violence However the DA rejected the charge's. The reason CPS is involved is because the child was present during the incident. My question is will a judge side with CPS and make me take classes in stay away from child? And do I need to write a written answer in response to the petition?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

You absolutely do need to file a response otherwise the judge is more likely to side with CPS on this issue. It really just depends on the judge but most judges do defer a lot to what CPS is asking for, so you need to have a good explanation for the circumstances of what happened. I think it helps your case that no criminal charges were filed, but again it is hard to predict how your particular judge will view the situation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I include my charge dismissal letter with my written answer and if so how do I include that with my answer?
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Yes that evidence would help you.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

You would add it as an attached exhibit to your answer.