AlexiaEsq.
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in Family law matters.
10805288

Teri, my boyfriend and I have been living together 10+ years

Customer Question

Teri, my boyfriend and I have been living together 10+ years what are my son and I rights
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He's leaving me and my son
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 9 months ago.

If your son is Teri's son, he has a legal obligation to financially support his child. He has no such obligation, generally, to support a girlfriend, nor do you have an obligation to support him. So if he fails to sufficiently support his child after he leaves, you can file a a motion in family court for child support. Or, you can actually file it asap to get it official, rather than wait.

I hope this helps! My goal is toprovide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, Iam happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, shouldyou have legal questions. Be sure tostart future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" ifyou want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!