Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

A girl overseas with who I have been corresponding on line

Customer Question

A girl overseas with who I have been corresponding on line is interested in joining me in the US to get married to me.She wants to have trust, family and love. How can one arrange this legally, without any shortfalls, because we both like each other. How can one trust the Internet, although we have corresponded with pictures.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: So should I send her a plane ticket to join me here and live together and get married after a while.Would that be legal. Are there any kinks in this procedure. Of course I would a pre - nuptial agreement.will I then be proved from liability.What is your advice.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What country is she from, please?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.