P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
11181181

Me and my ex wife have our daughter egually every other

Customer Question

Me and my ex wife have our daughter egually every other week. I pay child support. My daughter said to me she wants to stay with me all the time, she is 15 and half. Because her sister and two boys have moved back with there mom in a 2 bedroom apt and my daughter has to sleep on the couch. She told her mom and now her mom says she can't and will get the courts involved. What should I do. Will the courts let her move in with me.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. The court will consider your daughters views on this matter. And, they may, indeed, grant her request.

But you need to go into court...you will need to have a local attorney file this request with the court.

If you can demonstrate that this change, your daughter living with you, would be best for her? The court will grant the request

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.