Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

My husband filed a motion to temporarily suspend my

Customer Question

My husband filed a motion to temporarily suspend my visitation rights with my 2 daughters last week based off of text messages I sent my sister that were from 1.5 months ago and paraphrased, saying that my boyfriend had a panic attack (he was special forces for 15 years and has treated PTSD) and made some comments that could be taken as threats against my ex husband. But there were no text messages from him to anyone making any threats. Once his panic attack was over, he was fine and obviously hasn't done anything. He did even mention a plan or follow through during the episode. What do I need to have to prove he's not a threat?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this. Does your boyfriend live with you? How did your husband get those text messages to your sister? I think your argument is that this was an older situation and not an immediate threat that warranted a change. If your boyfriend does not live with you, you could let the judge know that you are limiting his exposure to the children.