Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
17897874

My name is ***** ***** and I live in State. Right now I am

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and I live in Washington State. Right now I am staying at my folks house as my husband threw me out of the house (after he pushed me down) and said he wanted a divorce on Dec. 23. So far he has done nothing in regards ***** ***** He needs to fix up the house to sell and has done nothing in regards ***** ***** What are my rights in regard to a divorce considering I have a 75% disability of the right leg and can only work 4 hours a day.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I can't stay at my folks house forever, and I don't want to go back to the house as long as my husband is there because I don't trust him to not physically hurt me. He has a lot of anger issues. He is 63 and I am 58 and we've been together for 37 years.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Good day. Thank you for requesting me.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Do you and your husband both live in WA state? Is that the marital state?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
that is the marital state.
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

It is a community property state. So, you have a lawful claim to half of the assets acquired during the marriage. Additionally, you can not be excluded from the marital home, absent an agreement or court order.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I should get a lawyer and have him removed from the house?
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Absolutely.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble. Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
You've been wonderful. Thanks for the help.
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

You are very welcome. If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.