How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 115452
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Mother of my 2 year old grandson arrested Sunday night.

Customer Question

Mother of my 2 year old grandson arrested for DUI Sunday night. Grandson was in the car and was not fastened in his car seat. Social Services has been involved and my son has been given sole custody for the next 10 days. This can be extended after that as need be. We went to the courthouse to try to file emergency child custody order. Court says we need an attorney. Are the any attorneys that can do this Pro Bono or at a reduced fee?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes there are some attorneys, legal aid and also through the state bar association that handle these cases free or at a reduced rate. You need to make clear to legal aid that child abuse/domestic abuse is an element of the case, since that is one of their requirements to take cases. If legal aid will not help, CASA (the Court Appointed Special Advocates) may help as well directing you to low cost attorneys because of the child neglect/abuse involved (