Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

Can I just simply come to court with my binder full of

Customer Question

Can I just simply come to court with my binder full of labeled (exhibit a, exhibit b, etc.) documents and present them during a custody hearing? Do I need to provide copies to the court or other party? Also does any of it need to be time stamped?***** ***** Ohio Mom in Custody Case, both parties now representing ourselves.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: There was an ex parte custody hearing two weeks ago where my ex husband lied to get custody of my 3 kids. I need to prove what happened and have all the documents to back my story but wasn't sure if I had to submit them somewhere first or just simply show up with them to court Wednesday.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

No you have to file your motion and attached exhibits with the court and also serve the other party in advance so that they have a chance to review and respond.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. I am happy to help. If none, then a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.