Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Beaty I am paying child support 18 yo daughter, who is

Customer Question

Beaty I am paying child support for my 18 yo daughter, who is residing in Missouri, while I reside in Texas, she is now 5 months pregnant and no longer lives with her mother, my ex wife. How do I stop the child support to my ex wife in order to help my daughter?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My ex wife has lost four residences over the past year, another divorce for her two years ago and my daughter ending up moving in with her boyfriend and his family after she found out she was pregnant. Since that time I have bought my daughter another vehicle so that she and my grandchild are safe. I don't owe anything except for the annual fee the state of Missouri charges to pay child support. I would like to stop paying my ex wife child support since my daughter moved in with her boyfriend, got pregnant, and has now moved once again in with her boyfriend's best friend and his mother. My ex wife has a child from a relationship after our divorce and my daughter will not see the payments anyway.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 10 months ago.

Which state has jurisdiction over the child support? Missouri? Also what state is the daughter currently residing in?