How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2942
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I obtain a court order to get my son back? A

Customer Question

How do I obtain a court order to get my son back? A paternity test was done at birth.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

If you could positively rate the first question, I can continue answering the this one. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This will cost you nothing extra and would be greatly appreciated.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You or your attorney will file a motion for temporary custody of the child. Even if there was a paternity test performed already and even if you acknowledge the he is the father, he will have to prove this to the court in order to get custody or visitation. You could also simply file for a permanent custody order but the temporary order would get your child back sooner. I would greatly recommend obtaining an attorney as this will be very important in the future of custody of your child.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?

Related Family Law Questions