RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

I have a lawyer that is handling my car accident case. I

Customer Question

I have a lawyer that is handling my car accident case. I have called several times (he has a one lawyer office) and he has not returned my calls. I would like to switch the doctor that I was seeing for this and also the lawyer since they both are not competent and I just found out that they got married. The doctor office wants to charge me $1 per page but the lawyer has the doc. too . How do I go about doing all of this.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

You want to terminate the lawyer in a a letter and asking for return of all your client files including medical records.You have a right to copies here of your client files including medical.If the lawyer fails to return here you can file a grievance with state bar or licensing board.Lawyers can be sanctioned for this including reprimand and suspension so you should get your files here.

Ask for the files with 14 business days so you can seek new representation here.

I wish you the best sorry you had such a bad experience.If they won't talk to you here then its time fro a new lawyer and change of direction.And this is a conflict in my mind since they are now married, good idea to change here and terminate the lawyer and maybe doctor as well.