Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

Filing a Notice of Delinquency Spousal and Child Support -

Customer Question

Filing a Notice of Delinquency for unpaid Spousal and Child Support - Ostler Smith payments.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He has not paid the Ostler Smith payments since 2012 despite repeated requests. He finally turned over documentation last July for the periods owed through June 30, 2015 but has refused to make the payments and continually changed the numbers and hired and fired collaborative accountants to redo his numbers. I cannot tell if form fl 485 applies to spousal as well as child support. In the family law related code it says "support" is defined by article 150 which defines it as child, family and spousal. However the form and the code refer only to child.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
For spousal support payments, FL 420, Order to Show Cause would be the filing you would submit with your affidavit. You are filing for an order to show cause for non-payment of spousal support and you would list the payment history of payments he was supposed to make and ask the court for an order of garnishment as penalty for not making payments voluntarily.