Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

What if I have a Osthler set up as my child and spousal

Customer Question

what if I have a Osthler Smith set up as my child and spousal support and the payer gets a raise 6 months after the divorce of $25K per year and the aggrement was set as a percentage of salary and bonus?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: at time of divorce he made 150K per year and about 250K - 350K of bonus.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: now he makes 175K per year plus bonus
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

Most courts would consider a motion for modification based on the change of circumstances of such an increase in salary and bonus. You would file for a modification of the order and explain how the increased salary constitutes a substantial change in circumstances warranting the court to consider it.

Let me know what specific questions you have so that you can get all of your questions answered