Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I was married in Nigeria but I live abroad, can I file

Customer Question

Hello I was married in Nigeria but I live abroad, can I file for a divorce abroad and register it in Nigeria whenever I return home
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Married for 3 years this June, we have been separated for almost 3 years. We have a child and he is not contesting custody
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

Where are you located now? Where is your spouse and child located?