How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11696
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm thinking about suing. I've been with my relationship 1/2

Customer Question

I'm thinking about suing for Palimony. I've been with my relationship for 5 1/2 years. I believe that I have value in what I have contributed in taking care of his daughter and him for all these years.
JA: The law can be really complicated! The Lawyer will know what to do. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Family Lawyer can help you best. Tell us what else you do know and the Family Lawyer will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Well, I've been living with him for five years. I took care of his daughter full-time on and off. for the second year we were together i had her full-time, then she wanted to go back to her mom. but then we had her every weekend with no breaks. and now I've had her full-time for a year and almost a half.
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will be able to help you. Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: Well, I helped take care of the kid. I helped pay the bills in the house. and I don't feel valued. I believe there is a monetary value to all of the devotion and service I gave to him and his daughter. I don't want a lot, but I want a little more than he is offering.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm still waiting for an answer. I thought for $5.00 I would be able to speak to someone now. I do not want to join a plan now unless and until I hear from someone and then I will make my decision. You have my credit card numbers and I am not feeling very comfortable about that because I did not pick a plan out. I was told that for $5 I can get a question answered and that's it and that's all I expect and want. Kindly contact me. Ms. Carmella
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello Ms. Carmella

My name is ***** ***** I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

A few things to note - any subscription plans or offers for phone calls are automatically generated. If you have questions about subscriptions you can use this LINK and chat with a moderator.

Also, it is up to the individual professional assisting you as to whether to participate in phone calls or not. I do not participate in phone calls offered by this site. BUT we can continue here if you want.

Please tell me what state you are in and I can discuss "palimony" with you.


Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Here is that LINK to discuss any payments.

Related Family Law Questions