Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My son married a woman with 4 kids that she signed over to

Customer Question

My son married a woman with 4 kids that she signed over to their father because she claimed mental distress. Her and my son are talking divorce, what are they chances he would get custody of his son.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The fact that the mother gave up custody of her other children certainly would help him in his attempt to gain custody because she's already shown an unwillingness to care for her children.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

The court always does what is in the best interest of the child....so if your son can prove that he's ready, willing and able to take custody -- and that he has the ability and resources to house and care for the child -- then he should be in a good position to take custody of the child....especially since the mother has relinquished her rights over her other children.