FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

Our 42 year old daughter doesn't live with us. She trains

Customer Question

Our 42 year old daughter doesn't live with us. She trains horses and has never had a job with a paycheck. Since moving from home where we would always see that she filed with the IRS showing she had no income. She has not done so in the past 10 years. What will the problem be if she ever has any money?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. If she does earn money in the future, she will have to pay taxes on it. If she had no income, she may have not been required to file but she could have, at her own discretion. As long as she can show she had no income over that time and/or she was not required to file, then it would not be an issue and she would simply have to pay taxes on the money she earned from that year. In addition, I have provided a link below, which she can use, that will help determine if she needs to file.

https://www.irs.gov/uac/Do-I-Need-to-File-a-Tax-Return%3F

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!