Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My son is just starting the legal process divorce, he would

Customer Question

My son is just starting the legal process for a divorce, he would like full custody of his children as his wife is addicted to prescription drugs she has been in the hospital a few times with a overdose, has a DUI along with a traffic accident and in Rehab, he has documentation and photos of her in this incoherent state what would be his chances of getting full custody and where would he start the process?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 10 months ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Will he be filing in Washington state?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
he will

Is his wife in agreement on the divorce?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I believe she is
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
r you there?

Thank you. Yes, I am here. Thanks for your patience while I gather that information for you.

I suggest, if you click onto this LINK all the forms necessary are there. As you review them, if you then have any specific questions you can post them here. I suggest, the forms are pretty much self explanatory. But I can provide you information regarding any clarification or questions you might have here.

When he has completed all the required forms they will then be filed in the Superior/circuit court in the county where the wife lives.

His chances on full custody are better than hers, if he can prove that she is a substance abuser. But the court will evaluate fully the child's best interest. And at the very least she will get visitations.