Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My name is ***** ***** and I have married back in October,

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** ***** and I have married back in October, 2013 abroad in Accra, Ghana. I've tried to simply obtain an annulment and I had an American lawyer starting the process. However, after a period of 3 months, he called me stating the divorce procedures have been changed back in Ghana, and I needed an additional lawyer from Accra. I withdraw the case and stopped any divorce procedures. Now I have met someone here who I want to marry but I am afraid I might not be able due to this issue abroad.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just did
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Immigration Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Longhorn Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer.

Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write FOR JAMES at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

If you understand that, please answer the following:

Is this an immigration question? Or just a question about marriage and divorce?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a question about marriage & divorce

OK, so nobody is immigrating to the US, correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correct

OK, then I have to transfer your question to the appropriate topic area - family law. Please be patient, as this sometimes takes a while.

DO NOT RESPOND TO ME AS IT WILL ONLY DELAY THE TRANSFER.