originallawyer
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  7+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.
74576488

My future ex wife has some how frozen my checking and

Customer Question

my future ex wife has some how frozen my checking and savings account, has is this possible and how do i get passed it, ty bob
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 10 months ago.

Your first step should be talking to your bank to see under whose authority they've frozen your accounts.

Second, you should check to see if she's involved a court, if you don't already know.

Sometimes, it is possible for one party in the marriage to ask a Judge to freeze an asset like a bank account to make sure the other party can't spend all the money before it is split in a divorce proceeding.

Generally, the Judge will still allow you to use the funds for normal life experiences, like food, mortgage, etc. Just no major new expenditures like purchasing a new car, boat or something frivolous.