Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

How to File -Fault Divorce in New York? Where do I go? What

Customer Question

How to File for No-Fault Divorce in New York? Where do I go? What are the step by step, what forms do I need and their names, I dont want a lawyer and we have agreed to everything, we have no kids, no house. We need to know how to get started and how much would it cost. We been living in NYC for the past 10 years.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 10 months ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will provide you information in this regard.

The NY court system has this WEBSITE that I suggest you can use for the Do It Yourself uncontested divorce. Once you get to the link and read the page, at the middle is a link that will allow you to proceed. It provides all the forms. You will file in the Superior Court in the county/borough where defendant lives. If the Defendant does not live in NY then you file in your county/borough.

The filing fee is $250.00

Once you get to the link with the DIY forms, etc. If you still need more instructions, you can review this LINK

You also can let me know here, if you have other questions. Thanks