Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I live in South Dakota and my soon to be ex husband lives in

Customer Question

Hello my name is***** live in South Dakota and my soon to be ex husband lives in California. He is using a online divorce site and has asked me for very personal information. Regarding my pay stub and credit card amounts plus wants my address. I am asking if this is standard procedure also can I not submit this information because I just want irreconcilable difference
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In every divorce action, parties must share and disclose financial information and addresses. Even in irreconcilable differences or in an uncontested divorce, you each have to disclose information to one another, so that is a standard procedure in all divorces.