P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
11181181

I am divorced and now re-married. My ex is refusing to allow

Customer Question

I am divorced and now re-married. My ex is refusing to allow me to have my 2 minor children (16 yr boy & 10 yr girl) stay with me, my wife, and step-son (13 yr boy) in a hotel room during travel. She is saying KY law prevents my children from sleeping in the same room (hotel). Can you please advise.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

She is wrong. That is, there is NOTHING in KY law that states you can not stay, overnight, in a hotel with your kids.

Period.

KY law does have laws that prohibit you from abusing or neglecting your children...but what you are describing? That is neither abuse nor neglect

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.