How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33805
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am divorced and now re-married. My ex is refusing to allow

Customer Question

I am divorced and now re-married. My ex is refusing to allow me to have my 2 minor children (16 yr boy & 10 yr girl) stay with me, my wife, and step-son (13 yr boy) in a hotel room during travel. She is saying KY law prevents my children from sleeping in the same room (hotel). Can you please advise.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

She is wrong. That is, there is NOTHING in KY law that states you can not stay, overnight, in a hotel with your kids.


KY law does have laws that prohibit you from abusing or neglecting your children...but what you are describing? That is neither abuse nor neglect

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.