How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2114
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am going through a very contentious divorce. My husband

Customer Question

I am going through a very contentious divorce. My husband has hidden all assets - ever 2 million. He is to inherit at least 500,00 from his elderly mother. Is there any way I can ask or petition the court for a portion, since he has unlawfully taken and hidden all of our assets?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear this. You would not be able to petition for a part of his inheritance as that is generally considered separate property and not part of the martial estaet. However, the evidence you have should support a fraud claim against him. I still think you should pursue this or seek some sort of alimony going forward.