socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

, I submitted my judgment papers 9/23/2015. How is

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I submitted my judgment papers 9/23/2015. How long is Hayward court taking before they act on them. Do i have to wait for california 6 months to end before the judge sign my papers.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 10 months ago.

Hello...you asked:

I submitted my judgment papers 9/23/2015. How long is Hayward court taking before they act on them.

A: Typically, about 90 days. Call the clerk and ask for a status.

Do i have to wait for california 6 months to end before the judge sign my papers.

A: No. The FL-180 judgment form provides in the top box the date at which marital status ends. The judge can sign the order six months before the actual end of the marriage, and the judgment will take effect after the date stated on the judgment form.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!