How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27009
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I hyphenated my last name with my 2 marriages because of my

Customer Question

I hyphenated my last name with my 2 marriages because of my children. My last husband passed away 15 years ago and I've sinced remarried my first husband the father of my children. I would like to drop the second name ... My children are grown therefore I know longer need to keep both names. Is there a simple process that is not costly and how to go about it? Thx
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

So all your ID is in the current name?

What state are you in? You will need to do a Name Change via the courts and then send that Order to all your creditors and also notify SS and have your ID changed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm in California
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Thank you.

HERE IS a CA court website for the forms and the instructions on how to proceed with the Name Change via the Courts.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Once you review it if you have other questions, please let me know. Otherwise, I would appreciate a positive rating.

Related Family Law Questions