Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

Violation of order of rotection protection
, I had an

Customer Question

violation of order of rotection protection
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had an insurance representative call me and she told me i must speak to the father.. to get my daughters off his insurance..I have an order of protection on him sso can that affect me getting an extension on my order of prtection later in court..I also havent kept in contact with him or bothered him
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Even though you have an order of protection against him, if there is a legal matter involving the child that you need to discuss with him, then you can do so in one of two ways. First, you can send him a letter explaining what you need and that is legally required for the child to be removed from his insurance and ask him to take the action necessary and reply to you by letter informing you when he has done so. Second, you can file a Motion to Compel in the court where the divorce/custody was filed and ask the court to order him to remove her from the insurance and then you would have no contact with him except through the court.
The contact though would not cause you to not get an extension of your order later, because this type of contact is legally necessary.