Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
17897874

I have a question regarding adoption/parental rights. My

Customer Question

I have a question regarding adoption/parental rights. My brother, Josh found out today that his ex girlfriend got pregnant from him and in December gave the baby up for adoption already. The last time they interacted it was in March/April of 2015. He has since moved D.C and She moved to Tampa bay. Previously they both lived in Miami FL (Miami Dade county). As the biological dad what are his rights and steps to take?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Can you tell me, is he on the child's birth certificate?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Phone ***********

Thanks...are you looking for a phone call? I can send the offer....

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can't pay the 30 dollars
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We assume it is not
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Unfortunately, Florida has very strict rules which make it virtually impossible to reverse an adoption after the order is entered. Likewise, even of the father was unaware, if he was not on the birth certificate there is no notification requirement.

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not necessarily a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.