P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
11181181

Non custodial parent is moving in with s girlfriend and

Customer Question

Non custodial parent is moving in with his girlfriend and several other people in the house. I have never met his girlfriend. I have 2 daughters 6 and 7. Is she allowed to watch my kids? I'm told another man will be in the house non relative. In the past my ex has displayed a willingness to leave his children in the care of total strangers and friends so that he may pursue sporting interest
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma
Absent an order from the court, the dad is free to care for the children, as he wishes, during his time with the child.

If you are concerned about the children's safety? The best thing to do is go back into court and ask the court to modify the current custody order to limit dad's time with the kids...or order that dad NOT allow anyone other than dad to watch the kids

The court has wide discretion in issuing custody orders...if there is evidence that the kids are in danger? The court will take steps to ensure their safety

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My kids are asthmatic there's cat and smokers in the house. What can I do?

Thank you
Again, you can go to court and request the court modify the order. What you are describing? If the kids have asthma? The court can step in to protect them.

But you have to modify the order...hire a local attorney and let them help you with this