Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

If a childs grandparents live in the same town as them can

Customer Question

if a childs grandparents live in the same town as them can they visit them even if the dad doesn't comply by returning their calls or texts the boys mother died their child the father was estranged from her at the time of her death his brother who grew up with him has not been allowed to see him either what can be done about this issue
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

How old is the grandchild?

Did the grandparent visit with the grandchild in the past on the regular basis and when was the last visit?

Is the grandchild's parent willing to allow visitation with the grandparents?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he is 12 yrs old yes they visited regularly in the past they haven't spendayt seen him since last year this day which is his birth

Did the grandchild ever resided with the grandparents?

Is the parent willing to allow visitation?