Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

If I have a pending modification of child support open in

Customer Question

If I have a pending modification of child support open in court, can I have the department of revenue take it over?
I have been waiting for a trial for this case for over two years. The petitioner has an attorney, and I don't and he keeps delaying the trial. Meanwhile, he is falling very far behind in arrears and the courts won't do anything at all. I just want child support division to take over but I heard they may not be able to until the trial is over. Now, to be clear, I already have a child support order in place, the pending action is only a modification.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

I believe they can by filing an intervention. I worked for the Texas equivalent and we did it frequently.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can you tell me is this done by the actual department and is this what I would ask for? An intervention? Or is it a motion with the court?

You need to apply for their services and they will then decide what the appropriate legal action would be but most likely it will be an intervention. The intervention is filed with the court very similar to a motion.