How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11448
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Continuance trial. Wife in another state I have not had time

Customer Question

Customer: Continuance for divorce trial. Wife in another state I have not had time to retain counsel went pro se in intial reponse SD statue states I need to fill a motion for continuance I also want to file a motion for mediattion
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have been served initial summons. I responded pro se. Wife then set trail date for February 12. I simply need to file motion for continuance and while doing that for mediation of the financial issues as well.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon. When she first filed and any time after, was mediation ever addressed with the court? The Judge never ordered it?

Related Family Law Questions