Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

DRO question that is complicated.
, yes- I was divorced

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****- DRO question that is complicated.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes- I was divorced in 2009. My lawyer and I disagreed on something and he left using the old "breakdown in communication " excuse. There was no break down, he continually refused to do what I told him. Subsequent to that I signed for my ex-wife to receive part of my deferred comp, which was still unfair butI let it go. When it came to my pension, I was without representation and broke. So the judge met only with her and her attorney and ruled she gets the "MAXIMUM" amount allowed of my pension. We were divorced and the battle continued for custody, I submitted over 10 reasons the judge was unprofessional and he recused himself. The office of something did an investigation.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok so heres my question.
How do I hire an expert DRO lawyer to review and renegotiate the DRO that was ordered by the judge back in 2009 when I had no representation at the end of the divorce.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You do understand that nobody from this site can represent you as it is forbidden by state laws? We can direct you to sites used by other attorneys to find a local family attorney who can try to file to modify your QDRO, but in being honest with you, modifying these QDRO is a very difficult task and rarely is it successful (Just so you are aware up front).

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's a DRO not a QDRO, I've been corrected on this several times. Can you recommend a lawyer/s in the area of Westchester county
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Never mind

Thank you for your reply.

A Domestic Relations order is a Domestic Relations Order, qualified or not. The legal premise and circumstances are the same as would be your options and chances in changing it. However, as you say nevermind I will not bother to give you the sites used by other attorneys and wish you the best. Do not bother replying and the uestion will close.