How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35321
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a judge gives you ten days minus five days already, can a

Customer Question

If a judge gives you ten days minus five days already , can a jail overrule this decision and hold you for the entire ten days?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.


No, the judge has final say about whether a defendant gets credit for time served or not in any judgment. So the jail doesn't have the discretion to impose any penalty different than just what the judge ordered.


The only way that this generally happens is if the order isn't sent over to the jail or there is some type of miscommunication.





Related Family Law Questions