mmdesq
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
30969554

Ryland
, the police report has false staments on it

Customer Question

Customer: ryland
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the police report has false staments on it from the officer , what can i do
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 10 months ago.

Good Morning,

I will try to best answer your question.

The first step that I would recommend would be to contact the officer who prepared the report and advise of what you believe to be incorrect and ask for it to be changed. Depending on what information is incorrect and how obvious the error is they do sometimes amend the report. I would do this in writing so that way you can prove when the request was made and what exactly you dispute. The officer may not respond but it is good to provide him or her the opportunity to do so before proceeding. Your follow-up option would be to call the officer as a witness under oath to the underlying proceeding which the police report relates to. You will need to issue a subpoena to the officer in order to force his or her appearance. You will then have the opportunity to cross-examine the officer regarding any details in the report you dispute.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you sir.