LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
63726236

If i lived together with my partner rould i be able to get

Customer Question

if i lived together with my partner for 12yrs rould i be able to get part if his retirement as palimony also
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

It is possible, but one should not count on it because Palimony requires the existence of a verbal or written contract, promising to support the other person.

So if the contract is written it makes it that much easier to prove; if it is oral then the burden is on the person asserting the Marvin claim (the case which established paternity). So the safest approach is to get a written document to support the Marvin Palimony claim.

I hope I've answered your question to your satisfaction. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask and I will get do my best-- If I have fully answered your question to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! Thank you; it's been a pleasure to assist you.